Travelling from India to the UK needs a lot of preparation, you need to get a UK visa from India before travelling, meet the requirement, and much more, but it doesn’t have to be that hard, today, you’ll discover more about the UK visas from India, their types, and the easy way to get your visa.
Making the right choice regarding the UK visa depends on your future plans, your current financial, and familial situation, skills, and experience. searching about each visa’s requirements, permissions, and benefits, will do you a great help until you find your suitable choice.
We, at Fresh Start Group provide you with guidance and accurate information about all visa types. and offer promising visa programs which enable you to settle in the UK, with your family, if you need more information, leave your contact in this form, and we’ll get in touch with you soon
The easiest ways to get a UK visa from India are:
The most common visa type for a short visit in the UK is the UK Tourist Visa from India, let’s say to find a good business deal, interesting which will help you grow your career, or even want to visit the UK for a vacation.
and your plan might stay up to 6 months, then you need to apply for a UK tourist visa from India (standard visitor visa or visit visa) which gives your permission to stay in the UK for 6 months maximum, and you can apply for an extension period under certain circumstances.
(1) standard visitor visa (UK tourist visa)
what do you need to do to make sure that your UK visa:
- check if your purpose for traveling to the UK is allowed to apply for a UK tourist visa from India.
- review the eligibility requirement(we’ll talk about this in a minute)
- make sure you need to apply for a UK visa from India before traveling
- apply for your UK tourist visa online.
What is the permission that the UK standard visitor visa gives you?
To get you the following are the valid reasons for accepting your UK tourist visa from India:
- visiting your family or friends
- for vacation or attending a wedding.
- volunteering for 30 days maximum with a legally registered charity
- in transit; to pass through the UK
- for business activities such as attending interviews, and meetings.
- for studying or taking an exam
- for academic reasons if your professor, a doctor, or a dentist.
- for medical health care.
Be aware that you can’t do the following activities if you have UK standard visitor visa:
- you can’t do any kind of work whether it’s paid or not as a self-employed person or for a UK company.
you can’t claim public funds
- you can’t register a civil partnership, get married or give notice about registering a civil partnership or marriage using a standard visitor visa. yet if you want to get married in the UK you should apply for a marriage visitor visa.
Let’s check the eligibility requirement for accepting your UK visa application:
- you need to prove that you’re going to leave the UK at the end of your permitted time in the UK.
- You have a reason to get back to your country after your visit to the UK, you can prove that if you have a career, family ties, studying in your country or you traveled to any country before and didn’t break your visa.
- you have the ability to pay the expenses of your travels and stay in the UK without claiming public funds.
- you’re not planning to live in the UK for a long time by using this visa frequently.
How can your family or friends in the UK help you get a UK visa from India?
In order to get your UK visa, you might need an invitation letter (sponsorship letter):
- as we mentioned above you have to prove that you have genuine reasons to visit the UK, and the home office wants to make sure that you’re planning to stick with your visit visa conditions and will leave at/before the end of your visa period.
- the invitation letter is considered additional evidence of your visit purpose, what you’re going to do during your visit, do your friends or work will provide accommodation, and fully or partially support you financially in the UK.
- the bottom line is you need to be clear about your circumstances, financial situation, and reasons behind your visit to the UK.
Who will write the invitation letter for you?
This depends on your visit reasons; different visiting reasons require a different invitation letter, and we’ll talk about the elements of the invasion letter:
If you’re staying with family or friends:
- the person who is going to provide you with accommodation or/and will aid you financially, then address the letter to the Entry Clearance Officer.
- this person must be a legal resident in the UK or a British citizen, but this person doesn’t have to be your relative, but your relationship needs to be genuine.
- if you’re planning to visit the UK to attend a meeting, exam, course…..
the relevant UK organization needs the invitation letter for you which is considered strong proof that you’re providing the Entry Clearance Officer with honest information
What are the elements of an accepted invitation letter for UK tourist visa from India?
- your visit purpose: the letter tells about your primary reason to visit the UK.
- your stay period: how long are you going to stay in the UK; when are you going to arrive, and when are you going to leave the UK.
- your general background: the person who is writing the letter needs to mention what ties you (visa applicant) to your homeland
- your travel plan in the UK: the letter mentions your planned activities in the UK, but you don’t have to tell a lot of details.
- the relationship between you, and the invitation letter writer: is this person your relative, friend, client, employer…
- the financial support situation: what is the person inviting you offering for financial support, you should mention how they will cover your living cost, and what level of support they are providing you.
- where are you going to stay: you need to add your full address during your visit to the UK. it’s better to add the name, and contact information of the person inviting you if that’s applicable.
4 tips for writing a successful invitation letter to get UK visa from India:
Add all the required information mentioned above in a concise, and clear way.
The information included in the letter must be real, and accurate.
use a professional, and formal tone in writing the invitation letter, and check the grammar and spelling.
The letter should have a clear structure, try to use lists, and make the letter easy to read as much as possible.
(2) India Young Professionals Scheme visa:
if you’re Indian, and want to live, and work in the UK, you have a special visa from the UK government which is called the India Young Professionals Scheme visa, and you apply for this UK visa from India. If you’re an ambitious young professional Indian, you have the chance to apply for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa.
The requirements of the India Young Professionals Scheme visa:
- you have Indian nationality
- your age is between 18 to 30 years old
- you have eligible qualifications with at least a bachelor’s degree or above
- your savings of at least £2,530 to financially support yourself
- you don’t have any kids under 18 years old, who you’re responsible for.
- you must enter the ballot online, and you have to provide:
- date of birth
- email address
- phone number
- passport details
- a photo or scan of your passport.